Let's start, of course, with bitcoin!
- the maximum value of bitcoin in 2022 reached $ 47,919;
- Binance still tops the rating of crypto exchanges;
- the long-awaited Ethereum update took place - the transition from the proof of work (PoW) algorithm to the proof of ownership (PoS) algorithm;
- Terra LUNA and the FTX cryptocurrency exchange became the main failures of 2022, emptying the crypto wallets of investors worth billions of dollars;
- The outgoing year was a year of breakthrough growth in the popularity of NFT, which turned into a kind of, but extremely popular branch of trading;
- The Middle East and North Africa have become leaders in the adoption of cryptocurrencies - their volume of crypto transactions increased by 48% compared to the previous year;
- Egypt is the absolute leader in the growth of the number of transactions with various crypto assets, in this country it amounted to 221%. Saudi Arabia is in second place with 195%;
- Vietnam is the leader in the level of adoption of cryptocurrencies, Afghanistan with a complete ban on cryptocurrencies is in last place. Russia took the 9th place in this rating;
- Due to sanctions and restrictions, non-custodial wallets have become increasingly popular. And in general, there is clearly a tendency to move coins from centralized exchanges to non-custodial platforms;
- according to the results of the outgoing year, there are already 18.8 million bitcoins in circulation out of a possible 21 million;
- the largest owner of bitcoins is Satoshi Nakamoto, he owns 1,000,000 BTC;
- the number of participants in the global cryptocurrency market has exceeded 300 million people;
- due to extensive sanctions and related concerns, Russia has taken the second place in the world in the number of "sleeping" crypto wallets;
- December 13, 2022 was one of the blackest days in the history of the world's crypto exchanges - $ 1.4 billion was withdrawn from the Binance exchange by investors;
- The average depreciation of the cryptocurrency market in 2022 was 50% of the peak values of the previous year.
2022 was a real strength test for the crypto market, which it passed very successfully. Despite the panic moods and a significant outflow of investments, interest in cryptocurrencies still remains at a very high level, which allows us to make fairly confident assumptions that in the future its volume and demand will only grow.
And it also becomes obvious that new realities require new solutions - and that is why the past year has become the starting point for the GRIN4 ecosystem, which provides access to unique tools for beginners and experienced investors. From cryptocurrencies for dummies to mechanisms that allow you to automate your own strategies. From the unification of cryptocurrency exchanges to thoughtful cryptocurrency bots. Because we know for sure that cryptocurrencies have a great future, and everyone should have the opportunity to become a part of it.